Identified as the most popular cigar in the world, the Arturo Fuente cigar is also one of the hardest to find. Founded in 1912 in Florida, the Arturo Fuente brand has become the manufacturer of the most acclaimed hand-rolled cigars outside of Cuba. Producing over 30 million Arturo Fuente cigars per year, it is a brand that has stood the test of time.
The History of the Brand
A Cuban immigrant by the name of Arturo Fuente came to the United States in 1902 and established the brand in 1912 calling it A. Fuente & Co. With over 200 cigar makers in Tampa, Florida, A. Fuente & Co. grew to 500 employees. Tragedy struck the company in 1924 when the facility burned down. It took nearly 22 years for Arturo Fuente to finally re-establish the cigar brand as a family brand, where his wife and sons helped him rebuild the brand and make cigars. In 1958, Arturo Fuente sold the business to Carlos Fuente Jr. for only $1. By the 1980’s, the company was able to grow tobacco on a larger scale and this time in the Dominican Republic.
The Line of Arturo Fuente Cigars
The brand is known for quality control, packing their cigar boxes with an advanced 2-way humidifier. This device, the Boveda, helps to maintain the freshness of the product.
As a top-notch brand, the Arturo Fuente line of cigars is now made in the Dominican Republic, the Arturo Fuente line of cigars is rated top-notch. The brand offers different sizes and popular wrappers. The Arturo Fuente line has everything from inexpensive to premium cigars. The line includes the following cigars:
1. Seleccion d’Oro:This mild flavored cigar boasts a Connecticut wrapper.
2. Fuente Hemingway: These Cameroon wrapped cigars are only available in limited quantities. It is the most sought after cigar in the line.
3. Fuente Don Carlos: These rare vintage selections go through a prolonged aging process, ensuring quality and a medium body.
4. FuenteAnejo: This cigar is a rare find although it only entered the market in 2000.It has the same filler as the Opus X Cigars.
5. Fuente Gran Reserva: As the finest selection of the line, each leaf comes from a private family reserve designated specifically for the making of these Arturo Fuente cigars.
Some of the wrapper variations include the: Connecticut wrapper, Cameroon wrapper, and Central African wrapper. When it comes to the Connecticut wrapper, it is a smooth and mild flavored choice that wraps around Dominican filler. The Central African wrapper is a medium body, while the Cameroon wrapper has a spicy, sweet aroma. There are also wrappers with a more sweet and robust flavor that are available with the Arturo Fuente brand.