Whether it has been driven by large-scale fantasy epics on TV and at the movies or something else entirely, collecting swords, knives, and ninja gear has become very popular in recent years. For the collector always on the lookout for a good bargain, there are now more stores than ever before catering to this need. This means that plenty of options are available!
Know Your Gear
If you’re just starting out in the world of ninja gear, sword, and knife collecting, it’s important to seek some good advice on getting going. Here are some things to consider:
- Knowledge: Familiarize yourself intimately with the gear available. There are lots of stores selling blades and knives of different types and it’s important to understand what they are selling before investing. Will you be collecting replicas of ancient weapons or modern gear by top-end designers?
- Angle: What is your angle for collecting? Are you looking to buy antique swords and knives? Are you more interested in the plethora of modern ninja gear from a wide range of manufacturers? Knowing why you want to collect is an essential step.
- Storage: Any serious collector knows that he or she needs to have a strategy for storing his or her investments. Will you be displaying them somewhere in your home or garage? Do they need to go into storage?
- Insurance: Swords, knives, and other ninja weapons can be very valuable indeed. In fact, many collectors also do it because they enjoy speculating on rising prices. In this case, you might want to consider looking at insuring your growing collection.
- Budget: Once you’ve come to grips with all of these questions, you will have a pretty good idea of what it might cost you over time. It’s important to set aside a budget for your collection, especially if you have other responsibilities in life. It can get quite expensive, especially if you go for the limited-edition blades!
Source Your Gear
The good news is that there are now plenty of places where one can buy gear such as this. The online world has opened up to serious collectors and places such as blade-city.com represent a number of companies that cater to all types of collectors in this area.